Monday, September 14, 2009

Congrats to all my Trail Friends now finishing!

Well, its been several weeks and I still don't feel completely at home back in Gainesville. Last weekend I ran off spontaneously to New Orleans just to feel like I was going somewhere. I still feel like I am wasting time going nowhere, at least in the back of my mind. I have gotten back into the swing of going to classes and all the stuff that goes with being a college student. I've also changed in many ways in which I don't waste as much time inside and now lead a much richer and active lifestyle. Cooking, biking, running and spending time with friends have certainly become more of a priority for me, where as last year my life seemed to revolve a lot more around finding time for myself and watching tv. This spring, before I left for my trip, I was restless most of the time, discontent without any adventure, feeling trapped in my little bubble world. I think now, I feel a little of the restlessness I felt before. I thought I'd come back too tired with the adventure bug out of my system but now I feel like I am open for anything. The difference between now and then though is that I have the trail to think back on. At any moment I can close my eyes and vividly picture walking along the trail ontop of Little Haystack or through the soft rain falling around me with the fir trees brushing up against me somewhere in Maine. I can feel the gentle cold rush of fording a stream or even the sting on my palms after a slip on the slick rock faces. Almost all of my experiences evoke some sort of positive memory. Once I can picture that, I am instantly calmed. Its a nice feeling to go back to.
Anyways I really wrote this particular blog entry to congradulate every one who has finished the trail this year. Of course there was Shennanigans, Trigger, and the Stooge who finished with me, along with Greenlite and Blue Sky who finished the day before me. Ive congradulated them in person. But also Congrats to Ducky, Mudd, Sneaks, GiddyUp, Joker, Ewok, Tin Man, Gaspard, and everyone else who just reached Katahdin. And congrats to Prarie Dog and Smart Ass Saint Beaver, who are finishing up in two days along with Leon and Halifax wherever they are. I miss you guys more than you could know.
Its time for class, pictures still arent up yet, I really am working on that. Walking off, HULK

p.s. The album Ursus Major by Third Eye Blind is one of the most amazing things I have ever listened to. Just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment