Sunday, July 26, 2009

Into New Hampshire and into New Challenges

Well Friends, Its been a long 2 and a half months since I've talked to most of you. And believe me when I say, I've missed you all. And then I think to myself that I will see most of you all again in just a short while, approx. 25 days. It seems like I've been out here for so long testing my grit and proving to myself what I am made of. I feel like I have learned so much since I started; matured, toughened up, grown smarter, hopefully more compassionate and I've certainly learned the value of being patient. Well, now comes the real test. It will be more physically, mentally and definitely more emotionally challenging for me than I have ever experienced in my life. The test: to complete 440 miles of the toughest part of the Appalachian Trail in 25 days so that I can climb Mt. Katahdin in Maine, the northern Terminus of the AT with my father on the 20th of August. I honestly do not know if I can handle the schedule before me, but I will try damn hard to complete this and give it my sincerest all to finish up before I have to head back to Gainesville for my Senior Year. But up still ahead of me are the White Mountains, many peaking at over 4500 feet, The Presidential Mountains, Mt. Washington, a mountain infamous for having weather rivaling Everest, the bogs and rivers I will need to ford in Western Maine and then finally the One Hundred Mile Wilderness before I reach Katahdin. This will probably be my last post before I get back as any forms of civilization will be far from reach where I'm going but hopefully my Dad will be able to represent me while I push through this wilderness adventure. I'll leave you all with some photos since its been so long since I've updated those but until I see you all again,
Happy Trails, HULK

p.s. Pics are at the bottom of the page. Some of my favorites.

1 comment: