Saturday, August 8, 2009

Maine

Hey there readers,
well as my father said, I am in Maine. I got hailed on all day yesterday which was absolutely miserable and it has been unbearably cold(at least for this florida boy) with highs in the 40s and 50s. The terrain has also been the hardest we have faced so far. We( Trigger , Larry the Stooge and I) hiked a section yesterday called the Mahoosic Notch which felt like we were on some kind of obstacle course. We climbed boulders, ducked through caves and leaped over deep crevices with ice at the bottoms of them. The miles have been slowing us down but we are pushing on as hard as we can to be at Katahdin on the 21st of August. The good side of Maine is its extreme beauty. The views off of every cliff or ridge have been incredible, undescribeable in so many ways. The mountains up here have such grandier and regal beauty. I have such a love hate relationship with it. Im completely ready to get back to Florida, but reflecting on this journey; it really has been the best experience of my life. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Hiking on, HULK

1 comment:

  1. tough days for sure - good idea to hike with trigger - say hi from me. 5 day forecast is looking better Hulk! KEEP MOVING - you are so close :) Steps

    ReplyDelete